GigKalender - FAQIf you don't find an answer here, please ask your question in the GigKalender-Forum.
- Do you plan to add a feature to define additional types of gigs? Currently this isn't possible. But this feature will be added as soon as possible. A workaround is to rename unused types of gigs in the language files.
- When I include the calendar/guestbook/news into my webpage I get an error message or nothing. Ensure that the path is correct. If the calling webpage is e.g. www.my-domain.xyz/info/calender.php and the GigKalender is installed under www.my-domain.xyz/calendar/ then this is correct path: ../calender/calendar/calendar.php.
- I have no clue about PHP, MySQL or HTML. What should I do? You don't need programming skills to install or operate the GigKalender. For the installation and first steps please read the Tutorials. To include calendar/guestbook/news you have to open some files with a text editor and add some lines at the correct position. There are examples in the subfolder front end. Open them with a text editor. With these examples it will be easy to include a view.
- I read often back end. What is it? The back end is the administrative user interface of the GigKalender. Here you can edit your gigs, news and the guestbook. It is running in the background and the visitors of your webpage will not see it.
- I read often front end. What is it? The front end is your webpage by itself - the part visitors will see.
- What are attributes or better GigAttributes? For example Date, Artist or Location of a gig - the single information you can define for each gig.
- I have saved the GigKalender on my web server. When I open it with my browser it looks different and odd - everything is white and askew. What happened? The problem is a wrong defined path in gigkalender.ini.php. Open this file and edit the value of the variable $GigKalenderPath. The final slash is important.
- Suddenly I miss background colours in the calendar list of the back end. What happened? This is not a mistake by the GigKalender. It can happen after an update or a change of a language file. There is an outdated style sheet (CSS) in the cache of your browser. A reloading (CTRL+R) of the webpage will fix it.
- I would like to use GigKalender but my web server runs an older version of MySQL. What should I do? If you have web server from a hosting service perhaps you can switch to MySQL 5.0 in the settings of your control panel. Otherwise just ask your hosting service to switch it for you. The last GigKalender for MySQL 4 was version v1.1.5_006 which you can download here. But in this version many features are missing.
I included calendar/guestbook/news into my webpage. So far everything works correct, but some letters and characters are displayed wrong. Can I fix it? Yes, pretty simple. The problem is that your webpage uses different character encoding. GigKalender uses UTF-8. To fix it please include the views of the GigKalender like shown here:
<?phpFor guestbook or news just change the third line.
$Calendar = ob_get_contents();
- Is it possible to include the views Calendar and Current Month into one webpage so they are shown at the same time? Yes, that is possible. Just include both views as usual at the correct position.
I included calendar/guestbook/news into my webpage. So far everything works correct, but when I click a link or back-button in it, then it brings me to the wrong webpage. What can I do? In the file gigkalender.ini.php you can define the calling webpages for each view. This is to force the GigKalender to generate URLs correct if a server setting is different. Just add an URL of the view which works wrong, either relative or absolute. The variables are self-explanatory:
$SetupGalleryURL = 'http://www.my-domain.xyz/photos.php';
$SetupGuestbookURL = '';
$SetupGuestbookFormURL = '';
$SetupGuestbookEmailURL = '';
$SetupFrontendCalendarURL = 'calendar.html';
$SetupFrontendCalendarGigDetailsURL = 'calendar.html';
$SetupFrontendCalendarCurrentMonthURL = 'calendar.html';
If you don't find an answer here please ask your question in the GigKalender-Forum.